Sunday, March 19, 2017

Africa- Tanzania: Lake Manyara National Park

I heart is so sad to write this final post of our Tanzania trip. Here I am, over a full month later, still missing this place and this trip. Africa, I would come back in a heart beat. Thank you for being so absolutely amazing, and beautiful, and peaceful, and simple. Thank you for the fresh air, the brilliant blue skies, and the calm that you brought to my often too-chaotic soul. Thank you for reminding me what being here is really about.

Our final stop was Lake Manyara National Park, and while it was no Ngorongoro Crater, it was still absolutely wonderful. Apparently, many tours focus primarily on this park, skipping going into the crater and opting to do the rim instead, to be more cost sensitive. Honestly, I would have felt fulfilled with the trip if I didn't know what I would have been missing by going into the Crater.

I see you peaking little monkey!





  



The local Masai tribe

From the inside of a Masai hut, made of branches and dung



So many newborns!



Life abounds from the hot spring

So many more flamingos!

Us and our amazing trip guide Jeff. He was absolutely AMAZING!

So the trip details for this, as I highly recommend absolutely everything about it:

Tour Company: Benson Safari Tanzania

  • We corresponded directly with the owner who always responded promptly to emails, often within the hour.
  • Apparently all of their guides are great, but I really cannot imagine any of them being better than Jeff. He was truly focused on ensuring every aspect of our care, that we were comfortable, and trying to maximize our experience. 
  • They took care of all of our accommodations, transportation, and meals (except for the first and final night in Arusha). This includes transportation to and from the airport. It really was an effortless and worry-free trip.
Accommodations:
I came away from the trip desperately wanting to own a rugged Land Cruiser with a pop-up roof and to spend the majority of my daylight outside in nature. 

Africa, we will be back!