Sunday, June 16, 2013

Time for Camp

     Adam and I have been together for over nine years now, every year he disappears to "Camp" for random weekends and 10 days at the beginning of every deer season, but I had never been. One of my resolutions for the year was to not allow another year to pass without going. I am so glad that we did, I AM IN LOVE WITH CAMP! Yeah, it's source of power is a generator and the water come from the spring out front, and it is amazing. We are already planning on going up another weekend this summer.
     Our purpose for the trip was to test our trail legs and try out our new tent, setting out for a 20-mile loop hike on the Quehanna Trail (20 of the 70+ miles that it is)...well, we did really good, instead of the hike taking us 2 days and camping overnight, we accomplished it all in a single day and ended up back at camp. My body felt it for a couple of days, but it was totally amazing to see that we could do it. Also, if you are ever looking to go get lost for a few days in the woods, this is definitely a great place to go. It was so quiet, peaceful, and mind-blowingly beautiful. Also, a bit later in the summer you wouldn't have to worry about carrying food...there are blueberry, blackberry, and raspberry bushes EVERYWHERE. Luckily, they were just flowers as we were hiking, because I would have been stuck in the same spot for hours! There will be much more time spent at camp in the future, I am just disappointed that it took me so long to get there!

Our little friends

Momma and her baby
We saw a TON of deer...I don't know what the boys' excuses are for not all being successful each year during deer season. :) My expectations are MUCH higher this year and for the future.

Cousins 4 Camp

The view from the porch

The picturesque drive

Fern forest


Beautiful meadow


Top of the mountain, no view

When they were boys...