Saturday, January 5, 2013

Steelers Game in Pittsburgh!

So...I have the AWESOMEST brother in the world...he bought us Steelers tickets!!!! Marrying into a Western PA family, is it a part of the contract that you bleed Black and Gold...and I have been swept up into it. I have never been to a Steelers game, but have always wanted to. Well, that dream came true this past weekend! Unfortunately, it was the last game of the season for the Steelers, as they did not make the playoffs, but it did not dim my excitement in the least! We ventured to Pittsburgh to stay with Michael for the weekend and had THE BEST TIME EVER. Seriously. It was great.

Our kind of church

Adam has been trying to wean his brother off of Budweiser and Bud Light by introducing him to other types of beers. This included part of Michael's Christmas gift being a mixed medley of all sorts of beers. I am still impressed that he received the gift and it wasn't consumed before it reached him, Adam was really coveting the selection! Michael took us out to this old church that had been converted into a brewery and Adam was in his glory! I even found a beer I liked! I know, sit down, these words have never come out of my mouth...but it's true! I apparently like "sours", whatever that means, but Adam is excited about exploring this and finally getting me into beer! We were here for drink and appetizers and they were good. I would recommend swinging by here for good drinks and small treats in a really awesome atmosphere if you ever find yourself thirsty and hungry in Pittsburgh.

Inside the Brew Works

We were up bright and early Sunday morning, eager and excited for the Steelers game, and after a wonderful breakfast cooked for us by Michael, we were on our way! What game is complete without starting earlier with tailgating!?!? None of them, so that is what we did. Now those who know me, know that I am a COMPLETE WUSS when it comes to any temperature below 70 degrees F. So you may be wondering, how did I fair? SO WELL! Thanks to: thick sports bra, thick tank top, long-sleeved thermal shirt with thumb holes, fleece jacket, wind/rain-proof jacket, hoodie #1, hoodie #2, puffy coat (thank you Michael!), tights, compression pants, thick yoga pants, winter hat with 3 hoods over it, gloves, mittens, hand warmers, wool socks, and insulated winter boots. 
I am impressed that (1) It all fit (2) I could move (3) I didn't look too much like the Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters.

Ready to tailgate!

Johnna and the Baby Bro Michael

Who's ready for 30 degree weather!?!?! We are!

Adam's happy place...he has a few of these!

I'm here and I'm well padded!



Ready to get in and get cheering!

Heinz Stadium

View from our original seats

We met "The Biggest Steelers Fan"
One of Adam's cousins, Billy Clark, was also at the game and has season tickets so we all met up with him at halftime in the Great Hall. Well, to our amazement, he introduced us to some people that had some open seats in their section, and offered them to us. We were originally in seats that were 3rd from the very top of the stadium, and these seats were the 2ND ROW! You would not believe the difference! It was awesome. The seats, the view, the crowd, the camaraderie, just the entire everything.

View from our new seats...YEAH, SECOND ROW!

Did I mention the new seats were AWESOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such a happy time! Steelers WON!

Johnna and Michael

It was seriously such a great day, a great time, and I would do it again in a heart beat! Even with the cold! Thank you Michael for such an awesome present/experience and being such a wonderful host, you really are my favorite brother in the whole wide world! Here's to next time!